Ray’z Barbering & Styling Program.
The Barber Course is designed to train the student in the basic manipulative skills, safety judgments, proper work habits, business skills, and desirable attitudes necessary to obtain licensure and for competency in Job entry-level positions in Barber or related career field.
|• 1500-Hour Barber Program
Any individual who currently does not hold a barber or cosmetology license can qualify for this program. The Illinois State Barber Board requires people to complete an 1500 hour course prior to sitting for the barber license exam. Ray'z Program outline
|• a) 150 hours of classroom instruction in general theory which shall be divided into specific subject areas as specified in subsection (b) below|
|• b) 1350 hours shall be practiced on the clinic floor and shall be at the direction of the instructor based on the instructor’s evaluation of the individual’s needs.|
- Project a positive attitude and a sense of personal integrity and self-confidence.
- Project professionalism, visual poise and proper grooming.
- Communicate effectively and interact appropriately colleagues, supervisors and clients.
- Respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received in an employment enviroment.
- Perform the basic manipulative skills in the areas of hair styling, hair shaping, hair coloring texture services, scalp and hair conditioning, skin and makeup, and nail care.
- Perform the basic analytical skills to advice clients in the total look concept.
- Apply academic learning, technical information and related matter to assure sound judgments, decisions, and procedures.
Classes starting soon enroll now, please visit the following websites: